Join Relus Cloud, an APN Premier Consulting Partner, along with AWS and Sumo Logic for an event focused on the following hot topics in AWS:
- Containers on AWS
- AWS Lambda & Serverless Architecture
- Cloud-Native Container Monitoring Best Practices
This half-day learning session is a great opportunity to meet your AWS Account team, learn about innovative tools for public cloud, and converse with public cloud experts that are focused on solving challenges around strategy, migrations, Big Data, and DevOps.
Date & Time: Wednesday, February 7 | 11:00am – 3:00pm
KU Edwards Campus
12604 S Quivira Rd., Overland Park, KS 66213
- Check-In & Lunch – 11:00am – 11:45am
- Introduction: 11:45am – 12:00pm
- Day Zero in the Cloud – 12:00pm – 12:45pm
- Partner Presentation: Sumo Logic – 12:45pm – 1:30pm
- Networking Break: 1:30pm-1:40pm
- Security in AWS – 1:40pm – 2:30pm
- Complimentary One-on-One Consultations – start at 2:30pm
Containers on AWS
In this session, Relus will outline the basics of getting Kubernetes running on top of AWS. Kubernetes is a simple way to deploy containers in a straightforward and scalable way. Kubernetes provides an abstraction over the raw resources that make up a cluster (compute instances, load balancers, etc). Essentially, Kubernetes provides all the faculties needed to support your service-oriented architecture.
Partner Presentation: New Relic
Cloud-native Container Monitoring Best Practices
From microservices to serverless compute platforms and Kubernetes, the overall trend is clear: containers are a critical building block of many modern applications and services. Traditional approaches for monitoring non-containerized applications don’t always work well when understanding application performance in environments with containers, however. From using—and alerting—on the right mix of metrics, logs and traces to instrumenting application code, this talk discusses some best practices New Relic and its customers use to monitor containerized workloads on AWS.
AWS Lambda & Serverless Architecture
AWS will give you a basic understanding of AWS Lambda, and how you can leverage the serverless architecture pattern to reduce management and infrastructure costs. We will explore the motivation for going serverless, its strengths and limitations, some typical use cases, and have a quick look at how AWS Lambda changes the development process, resulting in faster time to market. You’ll come away with a clear understanding of the argument for and against Lambda, and selection criteria for pilot projects at your organization.
Partner Presentation: Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic is a true, cloud native, multi-tenant analytics service that turns structured, unstructured machine data into real time continuous intelligence that can be utilized to enable teams across the entire enterprise.
Three key pillars:
- Continuous development and delivery models, such as DevOps, which encompasses your culture, operational and development processes and technology practices.
- A solution that delivers Continuous Intelligence, so you can master your data in a continuous way, achieving real-time insights that lead to faster investigations, problem solving and insights for business value
- An agile, technology infrastructure, such as cloud-based services, like AWS.
We would love to hear about your specific cloud initiatives. We are offering one-on-one sessions with our AWS Certified staff that will be onsite to help lend suggestions and guidance for your organization’s next steps. Limited availability, sign up today!